Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beauty for the Beasts?

I am one of those people who loves cute animal stuff. I may not personally buy $15 pet biscuits, but that Meowlot "wine for cats" (gravy in a wine bottle) is certainly going to be on my Christmas list.

I don't have a dog, but if I did, I would bring my puppy to "bark my vote for beauty" (as the flier suggests one does in this political-minded city) at Saks Fifth Avenue's second annual Brushes With Greatness.

Basically, you take your dog for an afternoon of makeovers, mini facials, Barkley Square Dog Boutique & Bakery's pet spa, a pet psychic an a portrait of the dog in a fashion being advertised as "Inaugural." I'm guessing the portraits will be patriotic.

The event is this Saturday, October 25 from 1:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon at the Chevy Chase Saks Fifth Avenue. Washington Humane Society (WHS) is asking for a $25 donation at the door. In addition, any money that you spend on cosmetics not only pampers your face but helps provide for pooches because Saks will be donating the proceeds of some of their cosmetics sales that day to WHS.

Sadly the closest my cat will get to a "spa" service is our version of a pedicure: a towel-Toby burrito poking one paw out so I can clip his claws.

Maybe he'll let me do something fancy to his collar.

No comments: